Course Procedures and Rules:
- Entering the room:
- Enter the room once you have given Ms. Breaux a handshake.
- Get out your materials and have them ready at your desk.
- Begin working on the Entry Activity assignment.
- If you are not in your seat, when the bell rings you are TARDY!
- Entry Activity:
- Begin Entry Activity assignment immediately after you enter classroom.
- Do not talk or share answers.
- If you finish, read quietly or review yesterday’s lesson.
- Be ready to share your answer if the teacher calls on you.
- When you are tardy:
- Quietly enter the room.
- Find the sign-in book located by the door.
- Complete tardy line.
- Sit in your seat and begin work.
- When you are absent:
- Check the assignment hanger.
- You have 3 days to turn in assignments that were assigned while you were absent.
- Sharpening your pencil:
- Sharpen your pencil before class! Raise your hand and ask for permission to sharpen during class.
- Going to the Restroom:
- Not allowed unless it is dire circumstances.
- After I write you a hall pass, go directly to the NEAREST restroom and straight back to class.
- You only have ONE hall-pass a semester.
- When you need paper or a pencil:
- If you borrow a pen or pencil, please return it at the end of class. If you need a pen or pencil for the rest of the day, please let me know and I will gladly let you borrow. You must return the pen or pencil.
- You if take a pen or pencil without my permission that is considered stealing. You will not be able to borrow another.
- Passing in Assignments:
- Pass papers up the row and from the wall to the door.
- Absolutely NO talking BEFORE, DURING, or AFTER TEST!
- Responding to Questions:
- Raise your hand if you know the answer, and patiently wait to be called on.
- Asking a Question:
- Raise your hand and wait until I call on you
- Coming to Attention:
- If you see my hand up, GO SILENT. Turn and face me. Raise your hand and Be ready for instructions.
- When an announcement is made on the intercom:
- GO SILENT when you hear announcement.
- Listen to announcement!
- When you finish early:
- Begin next assignment, QUIETLY.
- When Visitors enter the room:
- Continue working quietly.
- If I am teaching and must give my attention to the visitor, please be silent and wait for instructions from me.
- When the visitor leaves, continue working quietly.
- When someone knocks at the door:
- Under ANY circumstances, a student should NEVER open a door.
- The teacher will answer door.
- If you need additional help:
- Raise your hand and wait until I come to your desk.
- End of period dismissal:
- Do not begin to pack up before I tell you to do so.
- Sit quietly, until I dismiss you.
- Guidelines for Assignments:
- Use loose-leaf paper; do not use paper torn from a book.
- Use blue ink, black ink, or a pencil.
- All assignments will be worth 100 points.
- There will be no bonus points given throughout the course.
- There will be a 100 point Participation grade WEEKLY. If you are not in class, not working, being disreuptive, etc……. you will lose points. All students with a 79 or higher will receive a farm ticket.
- General classroom procedures
- All school policies stated in the handbook must be followed (dress code, no eating or drinking, no tobacco products, etc.)
- No cell phones in the classroom! They will be taken up and turned into the office.
- Be in your seat when the bell rings. If you are wandering around the classroom when the bell rings you will be tardy.
- Obtain permission/recognition with a raised hand before speaking or leaving for seat for any reason. See consequences section.
- Respect and be polite to all people in the classroom. One person speaks at a time and no passing notes. No profanity is allowed.
- Respect other people’s property (this includes school property). No writing on desks or walls. Stay away from other’s belongings.
- If you finish work early, you are expected to sit quietly at your desk and do the extra assignment.
- DO NOT LEAVE class without permission or a hall pass. You are expected to go to your locker, bathroom, and water fountain BEFORE coming to class. You will be allowed ONE hall-pass a semester.
- The teacher, not the bell, will dismiss class. Remain in your seat until dismissed.
1. 1st time: Eye contact/verbal warning will be given.
2. 2nd time: Student Conference
3. 3rd time: The student will be assigned two behavior paragraphs (parent signature needed). Parent contact.
4. 4th time: The student will be assigned four behavior paragraphs and lunch detention.
5. 5th time: The student will be assigned six behavior paragraphs and a referral will be sent to the office.
6. 6th time: The student will be removed from the class until a parent/teacher conference is held.
You have 3 days to turn in assignments that were assigned while you were absent.