This is the first of two courses in which students learn food preparation techniques with an emphasis on quantity foods, catering, and basic skills needed to be part of a professional food service team. Safety and sanitation standards expected of workers in the foodservice industry are covered, with an emphasis on the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) system. Work-based learning strategies appropriate for this course are field trips, job shadowing, and school-based enterprises. Simulations, projects, and teamwork provide opportunities for application of instructional competencies.
During ALL FOODS LABS:
1. wear their clean hat and a clean apron (tied around waist).
2. NOT bring jackets, purses or books to the lab.
3. remove jewelry from hands and wrists.
4. follow ALL safety and sanitation rules.
5. leave the lab, neat and clean.
6. NOT BE TARDY TO NEXT CLASS!!!!!
More rules will be added as the need arises.